The main goal of our grants is to advance treatments for LGMD2I. In direct relation to our strategy, our grants typically fall into the following areas:
- Basic research on limb girdle muscular dystrophy 2I and dystroglycanopathies in general
- Generation of research tools
- Translational Research/ Pre-clinical development of promising drug candidates
- Development of biomarkers and outcome measures to be used in clinical trials
- Identification of LGMD2I patients
All grants are reviewed in-house by LGMD2I Research Fund staff and scientific/medical advisors (grants are not reviewed by academic scientists, in order to avoid any conflict of interest).